CBD creams are quite popular in the market with most CBD manufacturers investing in introducing their own CBD creams. Cannabidiol-infused creams are used to treat several skin disorders and for general skincare. The antioxidant nature and hydrating properties of CBD make it a perfect daily skincare product.
Through this article, we encourage you to try making CBD cream on your own at home. We are providing detailed instructions to make your own CBD cream.
- 1/3 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1/2 cup shea butter/cocoa butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp CBD oil or CBD tincture
- 2 tsp vegetable glycerine(optional)
- Any essential oil with a hearty fragrance
- Fill water to a level of 1-2 inches into the bottom of a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler, you can use two pots, one large and one small in combination. Fill the larger pot with water and place the smaller pot inside it.
- Warm water over low-medium heat and add coconut oil and shea/cocoa butter on top of the double boiler ( or the smaller pot).
- Melt the oil and butter until no lumps are left by stirring continuously.
- After the ingredients melt, transfer the oils into a bowl.
- Let the mixture cool for at least an hour.
- After the mixture cools enough, add vegetable glycerine, aloe vera gel, and CBD oil/tincture in the right amount.
- Using a blender or hand mixer, emulsify all ingredients until the mixture attains a whipped consistency.
To extend the shelf life of the cream, keep it refrigerated. Without refrigeration, the cream will be good for up to two weeks.
Common Problems In Homemade CBD Creams
Here are the most common issues in homemade CBD creams.
- Gritty texture: Adding more vegetable glycerine or whipping the cream for longer can help avoid the gritty texture that your DIY CBD cream may have.
- Excessively thick: To ensure that the cream is not too thick, add more aloe vera gel and keep whipping until the cream attains the desired consistency.
- Excessively thin: Remelt equal amounts of shea butter and coconut oil, let it cool, and blend into the mixture adding one tablespoon at a time.
- Inadequate potency: Add more doses of CBD oil/tincture into the mixture to make it more potent.
Making CBD cream on your own at home gives you better control over the potency. Moreover, you feel free to choose ingredients that are safe on your skin.